QUIS UT DEUS ?!

sreda, 2. avgust 2017

DEVETDNEVNICA K 14 POMOČNIKOM V SILI

The Fourteen Holy Helpers are a group of early martyrs who have been collectively invoked since the 14th century in response to the Black Plague which devastated Europe.
They are: Ss. George, Blaise, Pantaleon, Vitus, Erasmus (Elmo), Christopher, Giles, Cyriacus, Achatius, Dionysius (Denis), Eustace, Catherine of Alexandria, Margaret and Barbara.

In the 16th century, Pope Nicholas V attached certain indulgences to their devotion.


Novena to the Fourteen Holy Helpers

July 30, 2017 to August 7, 2017

O Faithful servants of God and powerful protectors of man, Holy Helpers! Since Our Lord appointed you the heavenly advocates for our needs on earth, I confidently turn to you for help in my distress. Countless numbers praise you for aiding them with counsel in doubt, with consolation in anxiety, with health in illness, with safety in danger, with delivery from prison, and with help and assistance in all tribulations. Therefore I, too, have recourse to you, and implore you not to refuse me your aid.

Give thanks to God for me for all the graces He grants me during this novena. I ascribe them to your great merits and powerful intercession. I thank you all together, and each one in particular, for your interest in my favor, _______, before the throne of God. I commend myself to your continued protection, that I may one day be united with you in heaven, there to thank the Giver of all good things and to praise Him for all eternity.

Amen.